For the lamb:
- 1-1/2 pounds loin of lamb, cut into 3-inch long pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly-milled black pepper
For the Salsa:
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 Florida orange, segmented and chopped
- 1 pink Florida grapefruit, segmented and chopped
- 1 small pomegranate
- Small bunch of mint, chopped
Crush the cumin and coriander seeds in a pestle and mortar and mix with the orange, grapefruit, mint and pomegranate seeds. Now skewer the lamb onto pre-soaked wooden or metal skewers. Heat the barbecue or ridged griddle pan until smoking hot, rub oil and seasoning onto the lamb and sear for a few minutes on each side.
Pile up onto a plate and serve with the salsa.