Take advantage of root vegetable season with this colourful and flavourful veggie dish topped with citrus notes of Florida Grapefruit!
- 2 Florida Grapefruits
- 4 carrots tops
- 4 purple carrots
- 4 parsnips
- 1 golden ball turnip
- 1 small pomegranate
- 200g of goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon of heavy cream
- 1 small bunch of chives
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- Olive oil (for drizzling)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Salt and pepper
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||20 minutes||50 minutes|
- Start by peeling all the vegetables. Cut the carrots and parsnips in half lengthwise. Cut the turnip into cubes of 4.
- Squeeze the juice of a Florida Grapefruit. Cut the second Florida Grapefruit into supremes and collect its juice.
- Heat a large pan with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Arrange all the vegetables cut side down in the pan.
- Add the Florida Grapefruit juice until it covers half of the vegetables, then the honey and a cup of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan while allowing some steam to escape. Simmer until the liquid has evaporated. Cook until the vegetables will be cooked and tender.
- Meanwhile, whip together the goat cheese with the heavy cream together in a mixer. Season with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Chop the bunch of chives.
- Put half of the chives in the goat cheese mixture and keep the other half for serving.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, arrange them on the serving dish. Add the Florida Grapefruit segments on top, pomegranate seeds and chives, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve hot with the goat cream and enjoy!