- 4 (~225 g) mahi fillets
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- Grapefruit Mojo
- 4 Florida grapefruit – zest and juice
- 2 limes – zest and juice
- 1 small white onion, fine julienne
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper, salt to taste
- Black Bean Purée (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 habanero or jalapeño chili pepper, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, cooked (or canned)
- 250 ml chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and mix.Ladle Mojo to cover Mahi, reserving remaining
Mojo.Marinate for two hours.
Sauté garlic, onion and chili pepper until soft.Add beans and stock.Cook 15 minutes.Place in blender, process until smooth, season.
Heat salad oil in sauté pan until very hot.Place fish and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side.Ladle black bean sauce on serving plate and set fillet on top.Ladle a little of remaining Mojo on fish.Serve over mashed potatoes, if desired.Garnish with grapefruit sections.