Florida Grapefruit Marmalade with Sausages and Pear
Try this savoury dish with the citrusy topping of Florida Grapefruit Marmelade!
- 1 Florida Grapefruit
- 8 sausages (flavour of choice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 red onions (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 3 pears (peeled, core removed, and cut into quarters)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 3 fresh bay leaves or 1 dried
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 500 mL dry cider
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grapefruit marmalade
- Cook the sausages in a large frying pan with a splash of olive oil.
- Once the sausages are turning golden brown, add the onions and pears.
- Sprinkle in the rosemary and bay leaves; then, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Scatter the fennel seeds into the pan and add the butter.
- Continue to cook for a few minutes before pouring in the cider.
- Boil the cider and reduce by half.
- Add the soy sauce for seasoning and finish with the grapefruit marmalade and a good squeeze juice from Florida Grapefruit.