- 4 fresh Florida grapefruit
- 18 cooked, cleaned shrimp
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and cut in 1-centimetre cubes
- 250 ml bottled chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 50 g green pepper, diced
- 50 g celery, sliced
- Lettuce leaves to line grapefruit shells
Cut each grapefruit in half and remove sections, placing them in a large non-metal mixing bowl.Scrape out 6 of the grapefruit halves and set aside.
Cut shrimp in half lengthwise; add to grapefruit bowl.Add avocado cubes to bowl.In another bowl, combine chili sauce, horseradish, onion, green pepper and celery.Mix well and add to grapefruit bowl; toss gently.Line the grapefruit shells with lettuce and mound the grapefruit mixture in them.