Pan-Roasted Salmon with Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- 1 Florida Grapefruit
- 2 6-ounce salmon fillets, center-cut
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ shallot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups kale
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a cast-iron skillet, heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Season salmon filets liberally with salt. Place salmon skin-side up in the skillet, cook three minutes until salmon is crispy. Do not try to move the fish, once it’s ready, it will release from the pan.
4. Flip the salmon over so the skin is down and place in the oven to finish cooking. Cook another three minutes until salmon is finished cooking.
5. In a medium skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots, cook one minute.
6. Add garlic and kale, cooking about five minutes or until kale is wilted.
7. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
8. Cut top and bottom of Florida Grapefruit. Using a knife cut the peel and pith off. Then using a paring knife, cut Florida Grapefruit into segments, making sure to cut between the membranes.
9. Squeeze three tablespoons of juice out of remaining Florida Grapefruit.
10. In a small bowl, whisk together Florida Grapefruit Juice, lemon juice, honey and sugar. Slowly whisk in remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
11. Split kale between two plates. Top with salmon and vinaigrette. Garnish with Florida Grapefruit segments.