For the Marinade:
- ¼ cup Florida Grapefruit Juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lb. flank steak
For the Grilled Vegetables:
- 1 large onion
- 2 large bell peppers
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 small tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 small handful cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
1. In a large plastic bag, add the Florida Grapefruit Juice, lime juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Close tightly and squeeze the bag to fully combine all ingredients.
2. Add flank steak to bag, close, and refrigerate for 4 hours, up to overnight.
3. Preheat grill to high.
4. Slice onion in half, and then slice into thin wedges. Place in a large bowl.
5. Remove stems and seeds from the bell pepper and cut into ¼-inch strips.
6. Add to the onions and toss with olive oil until well-coated.
7. Spread onions and peppers in a single layer on a grill pan and cook until they soften and are browned (15-20 minutes).
8. Put the steak on the grill and sear 4-5 minutes on each side for a warm pink center.
9. Remove steak from heat and let rest 10 minutes before cutting.
10. Cut into thin slices, against the grain, and serve on tortillas with favorite toppings.
For a lighter option, use lettuce cups instead of tortillas.
Switch up the toppings to your family’s favorite items and create a fun make-your-own fajita dinner.
If you do not have a grill pan, use a large piece of foil, folded in half for stability, placed directly onto the grates of your grill to cook your veggies.