A 250 ml serving of calcium-fortified 100% grapefruit juice contains 25% of the Daily Value for calcium,* similar to an equal serving of milk.1
- Calcium-fortified grapefruit juice is an excellent non-dairy and lactose-free source of calcium.
- Calcium aids in bone and tooth development, blood pressure regulation, nerve function, and muscle function.2,3
- Most people do not get enough calcium and calcium intakes by Canadians have decreased over the past two decades, which has lead to an increase in the percentage of Canadians with inadequate calcium intake.4
- USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 28 (slightly revised).US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Nutrient Data Laboratory; May 2016. https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb
- Office of Dietary Supplements, National Institutes of Health.(2011).Dietary supplement fact sheet:Calcium. Retrieved 21st April 2012 from http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Calcium -HealthProfessional/
- Institute of Medicine, Food and Nutrition Board.Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D. Washington, D.C.:National Academy Press, 2010.
- Vatanparast et al. J Nutr. 2020;150(4):833-841.