- 1 ½ oz. dry whole grain pasta
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (preferably vitamin D enhanced)
- ½ cup jarred marinara sauce (no sugar added)
- ¼ cup part-skim ricotta cheese*
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. In pot over medium heat, simmer zucchini and mushrooms in marinara for 6 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
3. Serve pasta topped with marinara mixture, ricotta cheese and basil.
*Vegan: Swap ricotta with ½ cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained.