The Florida Department of Citrus knows that you are a trusted and valued source of information about food and health for consumers who want to lead healthier, more active lives. At a time there is increasing concern about health and weight, promoting healthy eating that focuses on nutrient-dense foods and beverages has never been more important.
Florida Orange Juice is a naturally nutrient-dense beverage that can be part of a healthy diet, to promote nutrient adequacy and improved diet quality, and has been associated with beneficial effects on certain health markers. We have developed a Health Professional Educational Toolkit to provide you with facts about the nutrition and health benefits of including Florida Orange Juice as a part of a healthy diet that can be shared with your patients and clients. The Toolkit includes the following:
Key Research Findings Support the Role of Florida Orange Juice in a Healthy Diet: Highlights scientific support and research findings that document the nutrition and health benefits of consuming Florida Orange Juice.
Make It Count – The Facts About Florida Orange Juice and Fruit Intake: Illustrates the role of Florida Orange Juice in helping Canadians meet daily fruit intake recommendations as a complement to whole fruit.
Squeeze the Most out of Beverages with Nutrient-Dense 100% Orange Juice: Outlines the nutrient contributions of Florida Orange Juice to the diets of adults and children.
We hope the information in this Toolkit and the other resources listed below will assist you in providing sound and evidence-based advice to your clients and patients about consuming 100% orange juice as part of a healthful diet.
- OJ’s Role in Promoting Heart Health
- Orange Juice Compared to Other Fruit Beverages
- Smart Breakfast Tips – Make Your Mornings More Meaningful
- Fresh Fruit Nutrient Density Chart
- Pediatric Professional Tool kit– Florida OJ: A healthy fit for children’s diets
- Key Research Findings on the Role of 100% Orange Juice vs. 100% Fruit Juice Consumption by Children
- Pediatric –100% Orange Juice for Children Poster
- USDA MyPlate’s “Healthy Eating for Preschoolers” Handout